Environment, Safety and Health training classifications are:
- SURF Orientation Training is required for any person performing work on the surface or underground.
- General Safety Basic class is provided monthly by the Sanford Lab
- Job-task or site specific training for contractors working at Sanford Lab is conducted by the contractor's employer or ESH staff.
Sanford Lab may review and approve any training received off site.
Steps to Get a SURF ID Access Badge
- Get an FNAL ID Number or ID Card if you are an LBNF Contractor; otherwise, go to Step 2.
- Ask Sponsor to complete a SURF Access Request Form.
- Review Visitor information on Sanford Lab website prior to arriving at the lab.
- Take the required training when notified (your sponsor will contact you).
- Check in at the Yates Admin Building Front Desk and collect your SURF Access Badge after training is completed.