This job is posted as a courtesy. To apply visit the Fermilab website.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory seeks a Project Procurement Administrator Sr. to assist with procurements supporting the Long-Baseline Neutrino Facility (LBNF) Project. Information about the project can be found at: http://LBNF.fnal.gov/.
With general supervision, the selected candidate will subcontract for complex and high dollar value construction, equipment, materials, and services required to support the LBNF Project. Work will be accomplished in cooperation with internal customers, Laboratory support personnel, subcontractors, and the Department of Energy (DOE) in accordance with established procurement policies and procedures, contract law, commercial practice, and applicable federal procurement regulations. The primary focus of this position will be administration of a complex, high-value subcontract for construction management and general contractor (CM/GC) services for the construction of LBNF facilities at the Sanford Unground Research Facility (SURF) in Lead, South Dakota.
- This is a term position with an initial term of 3 years. There is potential for the term of this position to be extended by 1 to 2 years, or more.
- The duty location for this position is the Sanford Underground Research Facility (SURF) in Lead, South Dakota.
- On-site in-processing, familiarization, and on-the-job training at Fermi National Accelerator Lab, Batavia, IL for a period of up to 3 months may be required.
- Relocation may be allowed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading development and implementation of changes to subcontract requirements
- Soliciting change proposals and evaluating engineering change requests/proposals
- Conducting price and/or cost analysis
- Negotiating price changes or other subcontract terms and conditions
- Drafting appropriate contractual instruments
- Ensuring completeness, organization, and accuracy of subcontract documentation/files
- Monitoring subcontractor performance to ensure compliance with delivery schedule, Davis Bacon Act, Buy American Act, safety, environmental, insurance, and socio-economic program requirements
- Coordinate review and payment of invoices
- Serving as on-site procurement subject matter expert and liaison to the project team
Respect, understand, and value individual differences that embody the principles of diversity.
Abide by all environmental, safety, and health regulations.
Qualifications and Essential Job Functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable discipline required, MS preferred
- 10+ years procurement experience, preferably with large-scale or complex construction procurements using CM/GC or CM at Risk delivery methods, and preferably working with a federal government contractor or as a member of the federal government
- Proven ability to plan, develop, negotiate, administer and close out large, complex, high dollar value subcontracts
- Effective working knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and preferably, Project)
- Familiarity with the Davis Bacon Act and related requirements
- Familiarity with peculiar requirements of construction contracts (bonding, RFI and submittal processes, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a group
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Oracle eBS or similar electronic procurement systems
Physical Activity and Work Conditions
Human Factors: Mental Concentration, Repetitive Motion, Sitting, Standing, Tight Work Schedules, Visually Demanding, Work Outdoors. PPE (including foot protection) required in construction areas.
Some domestic travel is required.
Diverse People. Diverse Jobs. Great Science.
Fermilab is America’s particle physics and accelerator laboratory
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets