Researchers must contact their sponsor to schedule training and initiate the site access procedure.
Steps to Get a SURF ID Access Badge
- Ask Sponsor to complete a SURF Access Request Form.
- Review Visitor information on Sanford Lab website prior to arriving at the lab.
- Take the required training when notified (your sponsor will contact you).
- Check in at the Yates Admin Building Front Desk and collect your SURF Access Badge after training is completed.
Environment, Safety and Health training classifications are:
- SURF Orientation Training is required for any person performing work on the surface or underground. This training is provided at 7:30 a.m. Monday-Friday unless the lab is closed due to weather or Holidays.
- General Safety Basic class is provided monthly by the Sanford Lab.
- Annual Refresher Training, job-task or site specific training for people working at Sanford Lab is conducted by the contractor's employer, researcher's sponsor, the Science Liaison Office or ESH staff.
Sanford Lab may review and approve any training received off site.