Steps to Get a SURF ID Access Badge
- Ask Sponsor to complete a SURF Access Request Form (your sponsor will contact you upon approval).
- Review Visitor information on Sanford Lab website prior to arriving at the lab.
- Check in at the Yates Administration Building Front Desk and bring valid government issued ID.
- Take the required training.
- Collect your SURF Access Badge at the Administration Building Front Desk after training is complete.
Environment, Safety and Health (ESH) training classifications are:
- SURF Orientation Training is required for any person performing work on the surface or underground. This training is provided at 7:30 a.m. Monday-Friday unless the lab is closed due to weather or Holidays.
- General Safety Basic is required for any person performing more than 40 hours work on the surface or underground (in addition to SURF Orientation Training). Class is provided monthly by Sanford Lab. Check upcoming training dates here. GSB class typically starts at 8:00am.
- Annual Refresher Training, job-task or site specific training for people working at Sanford Lab is conducted by the contractor's employer, researcher's sponsor, the Science Liaison Office or ESH staff.
Check here for a list of upcoming training provided by SURF.
Sanford Lab may review and approve any training received off site.