Join us for a virtual dedication and naming of the Yates Ramp in honor of William "Jack" Stratton.
William Stratton, better known as "Jack" to those who worked with him, spent more than 40 years of his life in the shafts and drifts of the Homestake Mine and the Sanford Underground Research Facility. Jack took on many responsibilities at Homestake and Sanford Lab, most recently as the Yates Shaft Foreman, where he has overseen shaft operations and top-down maintenance. This November, we memorialize Stratton's life and years of service with a dedication of the Yates Ramp.
- William McElroy, Sanford Lab deputy director for operations
- Dan Regan, Sanford Lab surface operations foreman
- Mike Headley, Sanford Lab executive director
- Cabot-Ann Christofferson, researcher with the Majorana Demonstrator experiment
- Pat Urbaniak, Sanford Lab Yates Shaft superintendent
- Bill Stott, close friend and coworker during Homestake days
- Hannah TerEick, Stratton's granddaughter
Here is information on how to join the virtual webinar:
When: Nov 19, 2020 03:00 PM Mountain Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Jack Stratton Dedication Virtual Event
You can join this event via Zoom webinar OR watch live on Sanford Lab's Facebook page. Webinar space is limited, so register today.
Preregister for the Stratton Station Dedication on Zoom webinar.