The SURF User Association:
- Promotes open discussion on relevant topics for researchers performing science at SURF
- Provides a means for SURF management to inform users on issues including current and future plans for the facility
- Promotes a sense of community amongst SURF experiments and researchers
- Articulates and promotes scientific case for UG science and its significance to society
Membership includes active researchers with a professional interest in the scientific program at SURF. An Executive Committee conducts the day-to-day business of the Association and consists of 9 individuals:
- At least one (1) early career or young researcher (less than 5 years post-Ph.D.);
- At least two (2) representatives of the physics community;
- At least two (2) representatives of the biology-geoscience-engineering community.
At least one meeting of the general membership will be held each year.
SURF User Association News
November 25, 2020: Executive Committee election voting deadline
October 21, 2020: Executive Committee nomination deadline
July 28, 2020: Nominating Committee appointed