Submit a Nomination for the CORES Award. The deadline to submit your nomination is Nov. 2, 2022.
The Communications and Outreach Experiences in Science (CORES) Award is given annually by the Sanford Underground Research Facility to an individual, group, business or organization that demonstrates an ongoing commitment to public outreach efforts across the state. Nominations are accepted through the CORES nomination form below.
Nominees who meet the criteria will be forwarded to the CORES Award selection committee. The selection committee considers the candidate’s ongoing support for public outreach—whether through ongoing sponsorships, donations, or service—in a way that demonstrates a passion for science and a visible commitment to outreach.
Nominees for the CORES Award should meet the following criteria:
A demonstrated ongoing commitment to public outreach in STEM within the State. This commitment may include the following:
- Communication efforts that raise awareness about the sciences that are readily accessible to the general public:
- STEM events that engage the public in a public forum.
- STEM demonstrations/presentations intended to educate the public
- Content creation (video, blogs, etc.) that features the sciences and are developed for public education purposes.
- Donations, gifts-in-kind, and sponsorships that consistently support programming for public education in the sciences.
South Dakota Science and Technology Authority staff are not eligible for the award. This award is intended to recognize efforts in public outreach that raise awareness about science.