The Explosive Materials Management Standard shall provide the framework to ensure that management strategies are in place to:
- Minimize the risk of injury to all personnel and mitigate environmental impacts from explosive materials during storage, transport and use.
- Control the use of explosive materials to meet federal, state and local regulatory guidelines and incorporate best practices.
- Provide employees who are responsible for handling and using explosive materials onsite with the requirements needed to do so.
- Provide formalized inspection and inventory processes.
- Minimize disruptions and eliminate damage to science experiments.