We are excited at Sanford Lab to contribute to cutting-edge science by providing the best environment for experiments that require unique underground facilities. We are glad to work with you to get your experiment running. To begin the process of approval and installation, the following steps must be completed:
- Read the Experiment Implementation Program.
- Read the Experiment Integration and Support document.
- Complete a draft of the Experiment Planning Statement describing your project.
- Contact the SURF Science Director.
- Complete the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The MOU references the SURF waiver required for underground access, the SURF ESH Manual and the SURF Publication Policy.