- What is the Vision and Mission of the SURF Foundation?
- How do I contact the SURF Foundation?
- Where can I send a donation by mail?
- Can I make a donation online?
- Does the SURF Foundation exchange or sell mailing lists?
- Is my gift to the SURF Foundation tax-deductible?
- How can I volunteer and get involved?
- Can I include the SURF Foundation in my will, living trust or other estate plans?
- How can I update my contact information?
- How do I give a memorial gift?
- I already sent in a donation, why did I receive another request?
- Is it possible to make monthly installment payments for my donation?
- I just pledged to give monthly. When will my account be debited?
- How can I change my payment information for my monthly donation?
- I've already donated. How can I get my gift matched by my employer?
1. What is the Vision and Mission of the SURF Foundation?
The Vision of the SURF Foundation is: “Advancing the world’s preferred location for underground science and education.”
The Mission of the SURF Foundation is: “Supporting the advancement of world class science and inspiring learning across generations.”
2. How do I contact the SURF Foundation?
Mail: SURF Foundation
160 W. Main Street
Lead, SD 57754
3. Where can I send a donation by mail?
630 East Summit Street
Lead, SD 57754
4. Can I make a donation online?
Yes, you can give online here.
5. Does the SURF Foundation exchange or sell mailing lists?
The SURF Foundation values your privacy. We do NOT exchange or sell lists with any other organization or business.
6. Is my gift to the SURF Foundation tax-deductible?
Yes. Your gift to the SURF Foundation is fully tax-deductible. You will receive a summary of your donations for tax purposes in January for the previous year.
7. How can I volunteer and get involved?
The SURF Foundation relies on dedicated people to volunteer for a variety of duties, including assisting with special events and projects throughout the year. Volunteering is a great way to get an insider’s view of SURF and to meet new friends with common interests. For more information about these opportunities, contact us at 605-584-3110.
8. Can I include SURF Foundation in my will, living trust or other estate plans?
Yes, you can make a bequest to the SURF Foundation through your will or living trust by designating a percentage of your total estate, the residue, a portion of the residue or a specific dollar amount. For more information contact the SURF Foundation at 605-584-3110 or https://www.sanfordlab.org/user/1212/contact
9. How can I update my contact information?
Contact the SURF Foundation at 605-584-3110 of https://www.sanfordlab.org/user/1212/contact
10. How do I give a memorial gift?
You may donate online at www.sanfordlab.org/surf-foundation, contact us at 605-605-584-3110, or mail a gift to SURF Foundation at 630 East Summit Street, Lead, SD 57754. Please include (1) your name and contact information, (2) the name of the person being memorialized, (3) contact information for the family to receive notification of your gift.
Please remember that if you decide to donate online, you should include the requested information in the notes section in the middle of the donation form.
We will send a memorial letter notifying specified family members or friends of your donation, and we’ll mail you an acknowledgement letter of your gift.
11. I already sent in a donation, why did I receive another request?
During the year, you may receive a request for an additional contribution beyond your “regular” annual gift, either by email, mail or telephone. Additional contributions are an important part of advancing the programs you are passionate about at SURF.
Our experience shows that many SURF Foundation donors who feel they would like to, but cannot give a larger contribution when renewing, send “extra” gifts during the year.
12. Is it possible to make monthly installment payments for my donation?
Yes. We recognize that an installment gift is a way to budget your donation, by spreading your payments out over 12 monthly payments. We offer the convenience of monthly contributions via our website at www.sanfordlab.org/surf-foundation or by credit/debit card by calling 605-605-584-3110.
13. I just pledged to give monthly. When will my account be debited?
If you donated through our website, it will be charged monthly, staring on the date you set up your reoccurring gift. Your gift may not appear on your banking institution's account immediately.
If you call the SURF Foundation with your credit card information, it may take up to 72 hours to process your payment; it will not appear on your banking institution's account immediately. In future months, credit card installment or sustaining gifts will be processed on the day of the month you have requested.
14. How can I change my payment information for my monthly donation?
You can update your payment information by contacting the SURF Foundation at 605-584-3110.
15. I’ve already donated. How can I get my gift matched by my employer?
Check with your Human Resources Department to obtain your company’s matching gift form and fill out the employee section of the form. Your company may need the acknowledgement letter we’ve mailed to you in order to begin processing a matching gift.
Please be aware that your company may deduct the Fair Market Value of any thank-you gift(s) before determining the amount they will match.
Send the form to: SURF Foundation, 630 East Summit Street, Lead, SD 57754